Next week is the first full week of spring! What better way to celebrate than with a cocktail in hand?
While you are waiting around for the rest of the snow to melt, get a jump on the warm weather with a few fun cocktail recipes to enjoy with your friends and family. The light, fresh ingredients in each of these spring cocktails is sure to put you in the mood for some sunshine. Head on over to the grocery store, pick up some fruit, and enjoy these great recipes by CHOW.
Fruity and fresh without skimping on the gin! A great Saturday afternoon cocktail to enjoy while basking in the sunshine… (Sun not included!).
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, plus 6 additional raspberries for garnish
- 6 ounces gin
- 8 ounces dry white wine
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce Simple Syrup
- 1/2 ounce Kirsch
- 8 ice cubes
- Lightly mash 1 cup of the raspberries in a bowl. Pour in the gin and let macerate at room temperature for 2 hours. Place the raspberries and gin in a blender and blend until smooth, about 20 seconds. Place a fine-mesh strainer over a medium bowl and strain the mixture. Discard the solids.
- Rinse the blender and add the raspberry mixture, wine, lime juice, simple syrup, Kirsch, and ice cubes. Blend until the ice is crushed, about 10 seconds. Pour into 6 cocktail glasses and add a fresh raspberry to each glass.
Ruby On Rails
Who doesn’t love strawberries? Get a jump on the warm weather with this sweet treat!
- 2 or 3 medium strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1 3/4 ounces fruity rosé wine
- 3/4 ounce Strawberry Syrup
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Pimm’s No. 1
- Place the ice cubes and sliced strawberries in a highball glass.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice and shake until chilled, about 20 seconds. Strain into the glass and serve.
While Limoncello is most commonly served as an after-dinner drink, try it in this great cocktail for a refreshing twist.
- Crushed ice
- 2 ounces limoncello
- 1 ounce vodka
- 2 ounces soda water
- 2 medium mint leaves, torn in half
- Fill a cocktail shaker with crushed ice and add the limoncello and vodka. Shake to combine.
- Add the soda water and stir to mix in. Pour into a rocks glass and top with the torn mint leaves.
If there is one thing we love just as much as a good cocktail, its fresh fruit. Combining the two will lead you to happy hour paradise! If you need to stock up on liquor, or if you need suggestions for more great cocktails, don’t hesitate to call or visit Julio’s Liquors in Westborough, MA. We can help you stock up on all of your cocktail needs!