A lot of drinks are pretty easy to make. Throw a few ingredients together, mix them up, make sure the proportions are right, and boom you have a cocktail. But why not challenge yourself as a bartender? Switch it up, struggle to make something for a change. If that sounds enticing, trying your hand at a Rum Martinez could be the move for you.
Inspiring Rum Martinez Video
This spiced rum drink has been well known after the video below of a Japanese bartender making the drink went viral. The drink is technically served with a cigar and takes a lot of time and effort to make, but it’s well worth it.
Think you have what it takes? Here is the recipe for a Rum Martinex from birchbox.
- 45 ml Ron Zacapa Centenario 23
- 45 ml Vermouth
- 1 tsp Maraschino
- 1 dash Original Rum Bitters
- Wood chips
- Wood chips
- Cocktail Glass
- Cigar (You can enjoy a wide variety of cigars at our smoke shop)
- Rinse the inside of a decanter with rum.
- Fill a teapot and strainer with wood chips, then toast the chips to ignite a small flame.
- Pour the rum from the decanter into the teapot—with the chips still smoking—and let sit.
- Use the same wood chips and a smoke infuser to fill the decanter with smoke.
- Stir the rest of the ingredients in a glass with ice, then strain into the decanter.
- Add the rum, cap the decanter, and gently swirl the mixture to let the flavors blend.
- Slowly pour the decanter into a low cocktail glass, and serve with a light cigar.
If this seems like too much of a pain or you want to give it a shot, get all your ingredients at Julio’s Liquors. We have so many different types of liquors (including the Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 that is necessary in this recipe), beer, wine, hot sauce and more. If you want more recipe ideas, take a look at our blog.